Saturday, January 24, 2009

Artists' Party & Painting Exchange



South Sister From Hosmer Lake, pastel, 6"x8"





This is the painting I made for our Paint-Out Group's winter party and small painting exchange. Although this was not a plein air piece, it was painted from a photo my husband took at one of our favorite places to canoe camp. And just for fun, I used only the handmade pastels in my kit. (Several of those gorgeous colors were made by my painting buddy Brenda Boylan.)

This was the group's first real party and it was a lot of fun to see all the paintings as they were opened and shown to the partygoers. Everyone did a stellar job and brought a beautiful piece to give away. I am proud to be associated with such a fine group of artists.

4 comments:

Mr. Vandemar said...

beautiful painting

Faridah Zayla said...

Artist party It's very cool ,dont forget to visiting MY zrooglepicit's amazing

Karen said...

Hi Gretha, Good to see you back! It's a beautiful painting, and I'm intrigued by the use of handmade pastels...how cool!

Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Gretha! Too bad I didn't get this one! But just the same, it was a fun night by all!