Wednesday, July 27, 2016

8th Annual Cannon Beach Plein Air & More 2016

It was a pleasure to once again participate for White Bird Gallery in the outdoor art event at Cannon Beach, Oregon, Plein Air & More. Here are a few of the pastels I painted during the 3-day weekend.
"Path Through Lavender" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 12"x12"; because of rain I painted this one from one of my photos while inside White Bird Gallery.
"Statice Quo" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 12"x9" painted at the Artist Swarm during Plein Air & More; again, this was painted from my photo while crowded together under a tent with other artists. It was fun meeting all of the visitors who came by to watch us work.

"Washington and Ocean" by Gretha Lindwood, plein air pastel, 9"x12"; at last I was able to paint en plein air (in the open air) as I prefer. It was windy the day I started this one but finished it the following day during beautiful weather. Painted at the intersection of Washington and Ocean Streets.

No comments: