Saturday, July 23, 2016

I'm Out Of Order!

Much happened in 2015 that I've not told you about…below are a few highlights.
"Call Of The Bittern" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 9"x18" painted en plein air during the 22nd Annual Carmel Art Festival. Had to duck into our van to finish painting this one because it started to rain. My concentration was interrupted by the call of a bittern who was hidden in the long grass. It took me a moment until I finally saw him(?) and enjoyed listening to the calls he made to what I like to think was his lady love. Look closely, you may spy the bittern I included in this painting.

"Landing Place" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 12"x16"painted en plein air during Los Gatos Plein Air 2015. Painted at Baylands, a tidal area.

"Patterns" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 12"x6" painted en plein air during Lake Oswego Plein Air Festival 2015. A scorcher of a day so I looked for shade and found nice shadow patterns to paint, sold.

 "Above The Beach" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 9"x18" painted en plein air at Arcadia Beach during the Cannon Beach 7th Annual Plein Air & More.

 "Gold In The Lavender" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 6"x12" painted en plein air at Westwind Lavender Farm Studio during the Lavender Festival, sold.

"Mist Rising II" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 12"x12" painted en plein air at Hurricane Ridge during the 3rd Annual Paint the Peninsula. I'm thrilled to say this painting won the Olympic National Park Superintendent's Award, sold.

"Reflecting Stillness" by Gretha Lindwood, pastel, 9"x18" painted en plein air on Sauvie Island. Sold at my studio during the Portland Open Studio Tour.

No comments: